Friday, November 8, 2013

Rahab - the Princess behind the Prince



In researching my first interview with Joshua Titchkosky/Prince Puja, I discovered his fierce alter ego, who he explains is his twin sister, Rahab.  It's taken me all this time to put together questions that I felt would do this phenomenal girl justice and allow her to really help people to get to know her better.


Joshua has told me that your a his sister. Are you older or younger?

We're identical twins but he's a couple minutes older.

Indian spirituality embraces reincarnation and past lives.  Have you two been family or friends in the past?

I think we've been together through most of our past lives... husband+wife, lovers, brother and sister, mother and son, father and daughter, etc. Eternally connected.

Which one of of you is a bigger inspiration on the other fashion-wise?

To be honest, I want to say that it's pretty equal. (Ok, maybe I think I inspire him a little more but shhh.) Our styles really play off of each other a lot. We kind of do the things that the other wouldn't. I feel like together we could wear anything. Sometimes I'm feminine and he's masculine or vice versa. We just like to play dress up and have fun!

Who are some of your fashion muses?

I have so many. I'm constantly inspired by everyone around me... friends, strangers, celebrities, icons, etc. But to name a few more well known people... Isabella Blow, Daphne Guinness, Grimes, Kirsten Dunst, MIA, Tilda Swinton, Lady Gaga, Yolandi Visser.

Do you have a drag mother?

Puja is my drag brother!

You seem to embrace a more androgynous esthetic. Any particular reason for that choice?  (Personally I've come to appreciate this style. I love people like Raja and Jeffree Star and their "the rules are there are no rules" approach)

I believe that everyone has masculine and feminine energy in them and it's just a matter of how you choose to express it. Sometimes I express my femininity more and sometimes my masculinity. I feel that it's really empowering to just embrace the way you truly feel in a moment and live that out to it's fullest. So for me, sometimes that means putting on a suit and sometimes that means putting on a dress. But it almost always means putting on a pair of killer heels.

People like Raja and Jeffree Star were my biggest inspirations when I first starting exploring and discovering myself. That individuality and fearlessness is what I try to live in my own way every day.

In a follow-up round Rahab and I talked a bit further about Jeffree and Raja's roles in her life.  I especially loved what she had to say about Jeffree "Jeffree is so amazing because she just doesn't give any fucks. I applaud anyone who can be themselves amongst the sea of basic bitches."



What's the biggest difference between yours and Puja's personalities?  What's your biggest pet peeve with him?

I think I'm just a little louder and more outgoing. I really could give less fucks about what people think of me and my look/attitude/lifestyle/whatever. Sometimes he's so shy! I wouldn't even say it's a pet peeve but sometimes I just wish he would speak up a little more and be a little more aggressive/forward.

What's that one thing guaranteed to make you belly laugh?

Paris & Nicole in The Simple Life. It just never gets old! Haha.

Are you a hopeful romantic and relationship realist?

The only two relationships I truly care about are the one with Puj and the one with myself. I have romantic relationships with every person I meet and I'm very realistic about the fact that every person I encounter is my soul mate.

Suzie Homemaker or Party Girl?

Party Girl. Sometimes I dream of me being a cute little housewife but then I just imagine putting mollies in the punch and serving mints for lunch. Maybe not a bad idea? You can take the girl out of the party but you can't take the party out of the girl!

Movie night.  Will it be action-adventure, horror or comedy?

I just like movies with great characters, great stories, great visuals and great soundtracks. It's kind of like life...there are action moments, comedic moments and horrifying moments but they all make up part of the story. Sometimes I'm not very into the darker stuff but it's interesting to explore because there is darkness (and light) in each of us.

L.A. or NYC?

I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't been to NYC yet =( But I do love LA! So many amazing, talented people here. And it's just very laidback and free.



Anything at all that you want to include. I want to tell your story.

I just want to say that I feel so lucky to be able to share my story and I just want to tell everyone who reads this that I love you and I think you are beautiful and amazing and talented and if you don't already, I hope that one day you believe those things about yourself! This is the only life you have in this body so enjoy it and don't worry so much! HAVE FUN! CAUSE YOU'RE DAMN FIERCE!!! <3<3<3

It should be no surprise after this interview, I've told Rahab that now more than ever, I want to go to L.A. if for no other reason than to to paint the town red with her one night.  Can you blame me?

You can get find out even more about Rahab at:
https://www.facebook.com/rahabinheels
@rahabinheels(Twitter)
http://www.rahabinheels.tumblr.com


No comments:

Post a Comment